Wednesday, January 12

My Pickled Egg Debut



I've always been wary of pickled eggs. While they might be a fairly good flavour of monster munch, I couldn't really get my head round eating a real life one (though probably something to do with my slow start with eggs in general). But having got to like other pickled things - particularly gherkins, which I now adore so much that I wanted to make my own this year (as can be witnessed here) - when Scott made his own pickled eggs, I couldn't really resist. What follows is my mini-exploration of the pickled egg:


Step 1: Scott reliably informs me that pickled eggs should consumed from within a packet of cheese and onion crisps. So, out comes the egg (from its pickling home - full of dill and garlic - in which it has been sat for at least a week)...


Step 2: ... and into the crisps it goes, with a general splash of vinegar to make it feel at home. It sits in here for a few minutes, while I eat at least one half of my sandwhich.


Step 3: I eat the egg, and it turns out it's not as scary as I thought. I particularly enjoyed the extra vinegary crisps and I did quite like the egg. My only criticism is that it was quite dense and eggy, and although I realise this makes me sound like a right wimp, maybe a little bit much for this moi all at once.


So there you have it. A little foray that turned out pretty OK. Wild, huh?




1 comment:

  1. Those 'eggy' eggs are pretty hardcore. You were mucho bravo. Congratulato.

    ReplyDelete